Corned beef stew is a simple red stew made with canned corned beef, it is usually served over boiled macaroni or spaghetti and it goes well with Irish potatoes.
If you have never tried out minced meat stew before, this corned beef stew is for you, it is very is to prepare and indeed an easy breakfast or dinner recipe that doesn’t require much task. All you need is a can of corned beef, few spices and you’re good to go.
Corned beef stew can also be prepared with already made stew, if you have already prepared tomato stew in the freezer; all you need to do is to bring it out to defrost it before you embark on this stew preparation. However, you can just prepare the stew afresh just the way I did from scratch and make sure you go easy with the spices especially the salt since corned beef already contain a good amount of salt in it, you may not even need salt at all.
See the steps below and learn how to make corned beef stew and also watch the YouTube video above and SUBSCRIBE.
Corned beef stew ingredients
• 1 canned corned beef
• 2 red bell peppers
• 2 table spoons tomato paste
• 5 medium fresh tomatoes
• 2 habanero peppers
• 1-teaspoon curry powder
• 1-teaspoon thyme
• 1-2 stock cubes
• Dried pepper to taste
• Salt to taste
Steps on How to Prepare Corned beef stew
1. Combined the peppers with tomatoes and blend into a smooth consistency and strain out excess water.
2. Chop onion into stripes, mix the tomato paste with a little water and set aside.
3. Place a pan on heat, add oil just enough to fry the tomato, add the onion first and sauté until fragrant.
4. Add the tomato paste and stir-fry for 5 minutes add the tomato puree and fry until the liquid and the tangy taste disappear.
5. Season the stew with thyme, curry and pepper and stock cubes and stir well to combine.
6. Add water to the stew to adjust it thickness, (once you add the corned beef it will become thickened). You may not need salt since corned
beef is a little bit salty.
7. Take out the corned beef from the can and break into tiny pieces with a spoon, add it to the stew and stir well and leave to cook for 5
minutes on medium heat. You can add more water it appears too thick and cook for another 5 minutes on low heat.
8. Take off the corned beef stew from heat and serve over boiled spaghetti or macaroni.