What pops into your mind when thinking about modern architecture and their architects? Sleek lines, mind-blowing structures, and the hip, uber-modern creator of it all. Well, that is not the case for some of these crazy buildings. Surely, the creators of Basket House, Gag Building or the Conch dwelling weren’t your usual modern-day architects.
1. Mind House (Barcelona, Spain)
2. The Crooked House (Sopot, Poland)
3. Stone House (GuimarÃ£es, Portugal)
4. Lotus Temple (Delhi, India)
5. Cathedral of Brasilia (Brazil)
6. La Pedrera (Barcelona, Spain)
7. Atomium (Brussels, Belgium)
8. Museum of Contemporary Art (Niteroi, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil)
9. Kansas City Library (Missouri, USA)
10. Low impact woodland house (Wales, UK)
11. Guggenheim Museum (Bilbao, Spain)
12. Rotating Tower, (Dubai, UAE)
It is fantastic, but you will have the choice of waking up to sunrise in your bedroom and enjoying sunsets over the ocean at dinner.
In addition to being such an incredible engineering miracle it will produce energy for itself and even for other buildings because it will have wind turbines fitted between each rotating floor (picture 2). So an 80-story building will have up to 79 wind turbines, making it a true green power plant.