Akeem Reachnaija

Akeem ReachnaijaMay 26, 2019
9482989_pajames2_jpega6b6a758cf4446ce89ab197f895ecdf3.jpeg

2min30
Veteran actor, Kayode Olasehinde, aka Pa James, has revealed he got ashamed after his son, Samuel, posted pictures of his house flooded on social media.

In a chat with Sunday Scoop, Pa James revealed that the problem was a recurring one. He said, “This issue has been going on for some time and we have always pleaded with the government, but they have just been deceiving us. Sometimes, they would bring caterpillars and widen the channel which water passes through, which invariably worsens the situation. One of the caterpillars they brought even broke down and it has been abandoned there for some time now. Some media houses have helped us to publicise our plight but nothing has been done. The people living around here are now even tired of calling on the government. The Agbado Oke-Odo Local Council Development Area, which we fall under, has nothing to better our condition. It is clear that the government has neglected us. Whenever the flooding occurs, it damages all the properties in the house. If you get to my house now, you wouldn’t see chairs.”

Pa James also admitted that the condition of his house embarrasses him. He said, “It makes me feel ashamed and I don’t even like to talk about it again. If not for my son who posted the pictures on social media, I wouldn’t have said anything.


Akeem ReachnaijaMay 26, 2019
9484797_5cea4193d1873_jpeg_jpeg646991b9afb3ed723b9be984ea83a45f.jpeg

1min60
Yesterday, billionaire politician and businessman, Ned Nwoko and his team arrived Asaba, Delta state in three private jets convoy to attend the 27th May Children’s Day event organised and hosted by his new wife, actress Regina Daniels.

He flew to his home state in company of his cute daughters and some of his political aides, members of Coalition of Nigeria Entertainers, media team and Young Enterpreneurs.

See lovely action video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCWlx8azxVE


Akeem ReachnaijaMay 26, 2019
9483563_298e03d9c9e14ebcab9480261c23f547_jpeg_jpeg51cba5e2010ae24bc78e179aa1dcb802.jpeg

1min60
Charly Boy has stated that the ‘Rochas Okorocha curse’ will soon befall Buhari, just after report of Imo state Governor building his statue went viral.

The veteran singer backed his claim with how most African leaders turned out after the Imo governor built a statue in their honor. Stating that the ‘Rochas Okorocha curse’ will befall Buhari, Charly Boy wrote:


Akeem ReachnaijaMay 26, 2019
IMG_20190526_070735_647-600x384.jpg

2min70

Paris Saint-Germain forward Neymar arrived at Brazil’s national team headquarters near Rio de Janeiro on Saturday as the South American country begins its preparations for next month’s Copa America tournament.

The 27 year old winger was seen arriving by a black Eurocopter EC130B4 helicopter with his initials “NJR” (for Neymar Junior) at Brazil’s training centre in Granja Comary, Rio de Janeiro. The other eight players – who have been training for the past six days – had come by car.

The former FC Barcelona star returned to action in April after spending three months on the sidelines with a metatarsal injury.

He has scored 60 goals in 96 appearances for Brazil so far and is 17 goals behind Pele in the list of Brazil’s all-time record goalscorers.

Brazil will play two friendlies against Qatar and Honduras before the Copa America tournament next month.

 




Akeem ReachnaijaMay 26, 2019
sadio-mane-liverpool-2018-19_1whczocgwih3u1sj8v6nj49101-1280x720.jpg

1min70

Liverpool forward Sadio Mane has been nominated for PFA Fans’ Player of the Year award.

The 27-year-old enjoyed an impressive 2018/19 season with the Reds, scoring 26 goals across all competitions, including his 22 in the Premier League which saw him emerge as the joint-winner of the Golden Boot.

His form helped Jurgen Klopp’s men finish the season as runners-up behind champions Manchester City as well as qualify for the Champions League final, where they will take on Tottenham Hotspur on June 1.


Akeem ReachnaijaMay 26, 2019
naby-keita-liverpool-2018-19_1ajfa2u8ct2iq1wdzo72wma7co-1280x720.jpg

3min70

Liverpool midfielder Naby Keita has been included in Guinea’s preliminary squad for the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations despite lingering concerns regarding his fitness.

Liverpool initially suggested that Keita would be sidelined for up to two months.

Guinea were quick to refute that diagnosis, with it claimed that the Reds had made a “hasty and pretentious call”.

They have remained adamant that a key part of their plans will be fit enough to link up with his country.

That confidence has been taken a step further by head coach Paul Put, with Keita included in a 25-man party ahead of a continental tournament in Egypt.

In his latest update, Klopp admitted that positive progress was being made in a rehabilitation programme.

He did, however, stop short of ruling Keita into his plans for a Champions League final clash with Tottenham on June 1, telling Liverpool’s official website: “Naby is, I would say, a bit ahead of schedule, but that doesn’t mean anything for the final.

“He is now doing straight runs and all of that stuff, he feels comfortable with 50 per cent intensity and these things – but there is still a way to go.

“I know about the issues with Guinea and stuff like that; we don’t want to keep a player out if he can play – maybe they think it is like this, but it is not like this.

“For me, it would be good if Naby would be 100 per cent fit and could play the Africa Cup of Nations, to be 100 per cent honest. But we don’t know, we will see, and we need to work together with their medical department because in the end, a player who is fit – from my point of view – who can play, should play for his country.

“If he is not 100 per cent fit, he cannot play. That’s how it is. It is not important whether you play for your country or your club. That’s what we try to make sure. It looks good, very positive and we will see if there is a chance.”


Akeem ReachnaijaMay 26, 2019
gareth-bale-real-madrid-tottenham_71yufn2kzej619c8wlce97wzh-1280x720.jpg

1min90

Mauricio Pochettino has refused to be drawn on speculation suggesting that Gareth Bale could be heading back to Tottenham from Real Madrid.

The Wales international’s future in Spain continues to be called into question.

He has fallen out of favour under Zinedine Zidane, who is likely to add to his attacking options in the summer, with Eden Hazard likely to make the switch to the Bernabeu.

Quizzed by El Chiringuito TV on links to a man who previously spent six years in north London between 2007 and 2013, the Argentine coach said: “He’s a Real Madrid player.

“But we have a good relationship. We played against him last year. I have good references about him.

“Everyone has a fond memory of him here, just like they do at Southampton.

“He still has three years on his contract at Madrid. It’s a situation that isn’t easy for him and isn’t easy for the club.”


Akeem ReachnaijaMay 26, 2019
harry-wilson-derby-2018-19_w2ywuc23a9fg1w1er12xq7voy-1280x718.jpg

2min70

Harry Wilson would be willing to consider a move from Liverpool to Derby if promotion to the Premier League can be secured, but he is also aware of an apparent £25 million ($32m) asking price.

The 22-year-old has spent the 2018-19 campaign on loan at the Rams.

The Wales international has seen his stock rise on the back of those efforts, with his parent club at Anfield reported to have put a sizeable valuation on his head.

“I’ve seen a lot of reports,” Wilson told Derbyshire Live.

“I’m on social media and I saw the story break the other day.

“But I’m just concentrating on the final on Monday. I think it would be stupid of me to be thinking about anything else, because I know what a special thing we can achieve.

“So that’s got my full focus and in the summer, that’s when we’ll sit down and talk about my future.”

He added: “There’s a loan guy, Jules [Julian Ward] that I keep in regular contact with, and he comes to some of the games.

“I speak to him and he feeds back to the manager at Liverpool [Jurgen Klopp].

“So I’m in regular contact but my full focus is on Monday.”

If Wilson can help Derby to return to the top tier, then it could be that a permanent transfer is discussed over the summer.

“Obviously, every player wants to play at the top level – and the Premier League is the best league in the world,” he said.


Akeem ReachnaijaMay 26, 2019
desire-oparanozie-nigeria_7a5izasjuz051hrs3zjjbityp-1280x720.jpg

2min80

The Nigeria women’s team captain Desire Oparanozie believes it is about time the country broke their record at the Women’s World Cup.

The Super Falcons won a record ninth African Women’s Cup of Nations title in Ghana in 2018 and qualified to make their eighth successive appearance in France.

On the global stage, the African queens have never gone past the quarter-final stage in their previous seven outings and failed to advance from the group stage in their recent four campaigns.

In spite of these setbacks, the Guingampforward believes her side have enough quality and adequate preparation to challenge for glory this time.

“I will say I’m highly honoured to be made the captain of the Super Falcons,” Oparanozie was quoted by Sporting Life.

“It’s a responsibility that I hope to do my best to ensure that we excel at the World Cup. Over the years, the truth is that we have not had good preparation before going to the World Cup, but this year, the story has changed.

“We have never had it this good in terms of preparations. There are lots of things to be done better but the NFF has done really well to prepare us for the World Cup.

“To whom much is given, much is expected. I know Nigerians are hopefully looking up to us. Everyone thinks we have dominated football in Africa for a long time and it is time we make a statement at the Women’s World Cup.

“We have the quality and we have one of the best coaches in women’s football and I think this is the time to go past our previous record.”