Egypt’s public prosecutor has filed murder charges against a man accused of attacking a Coptic church in Cairo last week, judicial sources told Reuters news agency.
He is accused of killing 11 people, the source added.
“He is accused of premeditated murder, attempted murder, possession of an unlicensed weapon and using it for terrorist activity,” the judicial source said.
According to the interior ministry, the first attack on Friday took place at a household appliances shop. Then the attacker headed to the Saint Mina Coptic church.
The so-called Islamic State (IS) has claimed its fighters carried out the church attack.
More than 100 Christians have been killed in Egypt in the past year, with most attacks claimed by the local branch of IS.